Monday, February 9, 2009

Dear Whole Wide Internet:

My school's health center blows all sorts of my ass.

I don't have the flu. Because they tested me this time.
And I don't have mono, because they tested me.
And I don't have strep, because they tested me.
Now bear in mind, all of these tests cost about $115 or so, so it is to her credit that the nurse almost sounded HAPPY telling me that the tests found I was anemic. Too bad I've known for years. :/
But I do have some sort of gross viral disease with an infection on top. And I was off my game enough to cry out when they stuck me for the blood tests, something I haven't done since the age of 5...
Also, my ears are so full of liquid, they have been using me as a carpenter's level and a barometer, besides. I charge too little, I think.

List of semi-anonymous people who have helped me through these trying times, and without whom I would probably have died.

M+E brought me assorted crackers.
B encouraged me to storm the Health Center by force.
V took my work to class and brought me work from class.
S took me to get medicine and juice at Target.
J listened to me bitch online A LOT (I suppose, watched, actually?).
MD (aka Dad) advised me not to do taxes while hallucinating, also to stop taking the medicine.
M listened to me rant on the phone. <3
A practiced her nursiness on me.
D took me to get ice cream (I ate a pint at his place and almost fell asleep right there)
P took me to get prescriptions filled out and bore with my hormonal spending.
T gave me a neck massage.

Thank you, alphabet soup of goodness.

Other letters don't love me.

I am on steroids now.

No comments: