Friday, January 23, 2009

RANT of The Same Kind.

first week of school looks like this:
6:30am: wake up, take shower, rush around madly and gtf to work at
7:30am: until
9:00am: where I have class until
12:00pm: where I rush to get in line for a bag-lunch and rush to work to drop said bag-lunch off for dinner and rush to cafeteria to eat real-lunch until
1:oopm: class
or
chores until
2:00pm: class until
4:00pm: work until
9:00pm: get off, go back to dorm and sit like a blob for about 10 minutes and then frantically think, "oh shit, homework." and do.

The spare bits of time between sleep and sleep have been, excepting about 7-8 hours out of the 168 this week, devoted to meetings with teachers, checking on W2s, going to the library to pay fines, more meetings with teachers, calculating expenses, looking for jobs, tearing my hair out and gnashing my teeth.

But I went to a bar on Tuesday night for an hour and had a beer. Yay.
And I am going to a party tonight and did I mention I am working this weekend, too? As well as some badly needed studying/reviewing, going to a wedding where there will be no Champagne, going to a BRUNCH on Sunday morning because that is literally the only time I can meet with a friend, and doing my laundry.

I will be so glad when this mess is over. Because I am getting laid off from two jobs, one of which I am temp-help, the other for which I have worked almost a year, and was still trickily classified the ENTIRE time as...temp-help. Which means they can lay me off without any accountability. That's fine. I didn't need you anyway. I will relish my weekends and watch some TV. And not go on the trip I had been planning for this summer? Wait. Ok, fine, I need money. But not from you, tricky Former Place of Work.


BRAAAAAAAAH.
The end.

2 comments:

Neffits. said...

Work is overrated, anyways.

The Unicorn said...

completely. but money, perhaps a bit less so.